I ask all my clients to bring with them a history of their background. I have a ‘Client Intake’ form on the Booking page. You are able to type your information on to the form and return it to me. When you come to visit, I will have printed the form and you can sign it at the session. If you have any problems with this, please contact me to let me know.
I find that this reflection prior to the a session gives you time to focus on the information you are providing to avoid the possibility of leaving something out.
Causes of emotional blocks, that could be stopping you from achieving your goals.
How would you answer these questions:
- Your upbringing, was it happy / sad or abusive?
- Your parents, supportive, not interested or absent?
- School, were you confident / shy?
- Were you taken advantage of when you were a child by someone you trusted / looked up to?
- Have you ever had any injury or accident?
- Have you experienced trauma of any sort?
- Do suffer from any health concerns, depression, migraines, IBS?
- Suffer from addictions, alcohol, gambling.
- Are you on medication – what sort, what for, how long, do you suffer from any side effects from this?
You may think some of the above questions are confronting especially if you are coming to therapy to stop a habit such as smoking. Whilst habits are hard to break and become entrenched, your subconscious is able to release these easily, providing they are not helping the subconscious cope by keeping the habit.
Something which has occurred in your past that you may feel you have dealt with, on the conscious level of your mind (because it was so long ago and you think that you have moved on from that happening), might still be held in your subconsious mind. When in hypnosis, I ask your subconscious mind if that happening still has feelings and emotions that need to be released. If the subconscious level answer is ‘NO’, we move on – nothing needs to be done about that. If it is ‘YES’, we release it.
During hypnosis I will have the opportunity check with your subconscious to ensure any previous negative occurances do not affect your current changes from happening. And yes, if you came to give up smoking, not to start eating instead.
The session comprises of the following:
1. COUNSELLING – working through your history that you have shared with me.
2. EXPLANATION about hypnosis, expectations and other therapies that may assist with any concerns you may have.
3. ENTERING INTO A CONTRACT with you about what you want me to achieve for you and the changes you want to create.
4. HYPNOTHERAPY taking you into the relaxed lowered brainwave state of hypnotherapy.
5. RELEASING ANY NEGATIVE EMOTIONS AND CREATING THE CHANGES YOU WISH TO MAKE – in the hypnosis trance state
6. BRINGING YOU OUT OF HYPNOSIS
7. DISCUSSING YOUR THOUGHTS ABOUT THE SESSION
8. ENDING THE SESSION
Some health funds cover members of the Australian Hypnotherapists Association (AHA). Please check directly with your health fund to determine if hypnotherapy by an AHA member is covered.
If you have any other questions, please contact me here.